The first Bridge Mills was constructed in 1847, with over 150 years of history the mills have a rich and varied past including initially use by spinners, weavers and cloth finishers. Its location by the river Holme was important for industrial use.
In 1988 Bridge Mills was purchased by Dunsley Heat a local heating appliance manufacturer. The existing engineering company Hepworth was re-named Dunsley Engineers and continued until 2002.
Still owned by the Dunsley group the mill was changed back to its original name of Bridge Mills and diversified into a business park. The mill offers a wide range of well maintained and serviced industrial and office units with a large mix of sizes, suitable car parking and a full time friendly maintenance team.